Pages

April 20, 2017

Bananas Foster Biscotti (gf)


This mama doesn't "do" bananas. Used to -- but now, even their smell, ever since my first pregnancy, creeps.me.out. A couple of my fellas eat them, so I allow a banana or two in the house until it starts to become too yellow. Can't even have the peels in the compost bucket indoors -- straight out to the garden pile with it!
Imagine my chagrin upon learning Nichole deemed April's #ImprovCookingChallenge ingredients to be coconut & bananas! (Last time bananas happened, a couple years back, I didn't participate that month...)
Ah well! We're grown-ups! We'll add a little alcohol & make it work. Soooooooo... why don't we whip up a batch of these: 


The biscotti are a little crumbly, the rum drizzle drench is slightly tacky, but those are pretty darn good gluten-free, processed-sugar-free cookies! Here's the recipe:

#becauserum


Do you like almond butter? or cashew butter? or sun butter? I highly recommend coconut butter! I used Bob's Red Mill Shredded Coconut to make mine.


The resultant biscotti do not (thankfully) have a pronounced banana flavor. You could always add more banana liqueur to the cookie batter. ☺☺☺☺ The links below will take you to some more banana & coconut recipes:



3 comments:

  1. We were just quoting that movie, too. "Why is the rum always gone?!?" Your biscotti look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to join us Melody and share this great recipe.

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?