Pages

February 18, 2015

Faux Zinc Stencils

I “needed” a few galvanized metal-looking stencils to complete a little tableaux atop my kitchen cupboards.

A stroke of frugality genius compelled me to cut my letters out of 5 layers of cardstock with my #Silhouette and then glue them together for desired thickness. ElisabethJean faux zinc stencil (15)A little black/grey/blue/silver paint dabbed here & there gave the appearance of aged zinc stencils.ElisabethJean faux zinc stencil (16)

ElisabethJean faux zinc stencil (17)My dad had given me the perfect slab of wood a couple years back -- all I had to do was dust it of & then run a light wash of grey over it.ElisabethJean faux zinc stencil (20)Fortunately in the garage I found some small silver-toned nails that looked just right hammered into the corners of the stencils.ElisabethJean faux zinc stencil (18)(I think I only bent one nail…)ElisabethJean faux zinc stencil (22)Ta-da!ElisabethJean faux zinc stencil (1)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?