Pages

December 16, 2014

Joyeux Noël

NowelMy word last Christmas was “JOY”. noel
This year, I found “NOEL” and decided to study up on it. And I’m glad I did, because Monday when our exterminator stopped by he asked what that word meant.noel2Some researchers claim the word Noel simply means a Christmas song and that it dates from the early 19th century. noel3A few state that it originated centuries before the French used it. noel4Some say that Noel means “good news”. noel5My favorite explanation (and the one I shared with my bug guy) asserts that “NO-” comes from the Latin natalis which means “birth,” and “-EL” of course, is Hebrew for God. Thus, to me, Noel celebrates the birth of God.

Like last year, we visited our friends’ church to hear their Christmas concert.noel6
And again, as I was leaving the church, God brought me “my word” as He did last December. noel7
May you be blessed this season as we celebrate His birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?