Pages

March 6, 2014

a little shopper’s assistance, please

It is now time to start thrift-shopping for items to use in costuming for the up-coming play. Because of the difficulty going through clothing racks trying to keep my purse on my shoulder; I started borrowing the “Kurse” to keep my wallet, phone & keys strapped to my body.ejhishipSew… it was time to make one of Reen’s “Hipsters” for moi!

ejmyhipsterI’ve had this gardening fabric for ages – it’s just been waiting for an appropriate project.

ejrosyliningI lined it with some rosy satin salvaged from somebody’s bridesmaid dress alteration…

ejhipsterkeysI even added a clip for my keys. I.love.it. That is all!

CammieI made a bag for a friend whose doctor told her to downsize her purse for health reasons.

ej4auntMI’m in the process of stitching one for my aunt who takes her doggy for long walks. Also quite handy as she plans to be travelling internationally this summer. She’s excited that it will fit her passport & other necessities that need to be within immediate reach. Don’t you just the little hand-stamped medallion I monogrammed to hang from her zipper pull?

ej3vegasThree more hipsters were sewn and sent to Las Vegas to live with my sis & nieces. All utilized a common exterior fabric, but each was lined with a different coordinating textile.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?