Pages

August 3, 2012

windless sails

One minute you feel like you're on top of the world...
...the next you feel like you're hanging on for dear life.
Sometimes God sends nice winds to keep your sails full & move you across the water.
But often there is no breeze and you have to rely on a motor to get anywhere.
Many times the seas are choppy and batter you about.
Other times you just sit around waiting for a little excitement.

So lately I've been luffing, as it were. Flutters of activities here & there, but really no drive to blog about them. When you see news of flooding, bombing, theatre-shooting, starvation around the world... what is life really about? My little stitching project or new recipe just doesn't seem that important. Hopefully soon I'll catch a fair wind and start cruising again.

1 comment:

  1. I remember some of those sails! I'm feeling a buffeted by waves myself right now!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?