Pages

January 11, 2012

...and the gift goes on... ♪♫

(90's Sandi Patti, anyone?)

Where were we? Ah, yes -- homemade cranberry sauce. Delicious as it was, not everyone uses it with ham or turkey, so we had a bit left over. I decided to go searching for a quick bread recipe. I found one I really liked here. I did modify it, though, ever so slightly. Of course, mine is a cran/blackberry sauce and I used about two cups of it instead of one, and didn't add the half-cup milk. I also used whole wheat flour & modified the salt.
It smelled so good baking that my guys devoured the first loaf while still warm (barely got the orange glaze on...) It was moist & delicious.
This is the second loaf after resting a day. Still moist & still delicious! (I ate my slice without butter or cream cheese.) It was not too sweet and the bits of berry were not too tart.


Cranberry Sauce Bread
Cream 1/2 cup butter with 1 cup sugar. Add 2 cups cran/blackberry sauce, two beaten eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Sift 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon into a smaller bowl. Gently add to wet ingredients. Spoon into prepared loaf pan(s) and bake @ 350° for an hour, or until tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Boil 1/4 cup orange juice with 1/8 cup sugar & spoon over the loaf after removal from pan.


mmmmmmmmmm -- so good! I'm going to link up with Sheryl's Cast Party Wednesday.
Cast Party Wednesday 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am a new blogger and your recipe looked so good and I linked to it I hope that is alright. I am going to try it out this weekend. I love breads and cranberry sauce. Thank you for the recipe

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?