Pages

January 17, 2011

A "Little" Project

Can you tell the boys weren't online schooling today? Three posts in one day! (Pretty sure that equals the total posts of a couple months...)

Sooooooooo...  Wanted to show my Christmas project for my dear friend Ceekay @ Thinkin' of Home & her ovarian cancer blog My Journey With Teal.

It started with this:

(Yes, I covered the shoe with vintage teal velvet, made it into a pincushion & made the hat pin.
The sequined flower is from some vintage sheer fabric which I also used for the ruffle on the tag & scavenged the beads for various aspects of the project.)

In November I embroidered the tag for Eileen's Blog for a Designs in Machine Embroidery give-away.
Tree of Life with antique beads

(...it says "To Carolyn With Love"...)

While rummaging browsing through the Graphics Fairy's incredible images, I found so many with teal tones to use on the "shoe box".

the lid


(more of the sheer teal...)




All the shoes, of course, are symbolic of her journey. 









The dress forms hark back several years to a church dinner theatre production of "Four Tickets to Christmas" when I helped costume her for the starring role of a 1905 diva!

 She's an incredible woman & a great friend.



Well then, I guess I'm going to link this up to Karen ~ the incredible Graphics Fairy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?