Pages

July 25, 2010

MY AUNT MARGARET

has a birthday on Tuesday.  She is a remarkable woman!  She graduated from nursing school when I was a toddler, then followed her calling as a missionary nurse in Central Africa.  After 25 years there, she retired - learned another language - then shared the Gospel in Portugal for 10 years.  She returned to the States a couple years ago and bought a townhouse a couple miles from me.  Here are a few pillows I made for her "nest". 


Tomorrow I will go pick her up to take her to lunch at the Corner Bakery Cafe.  Before we leave, I will give her this:

I love this verse in Isaiah because we live in a desert.  Roses are my favorite flower. Aunt M has a watercolour of poppies which hangs near the couch where I hope this pillow will land.

I ♥ you, Aunt Margaret!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pillow. did you make the cording??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not on this one. Hobby Lobby had the pillow covers. I should've bought more...

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?